In conjunction with Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations to slow the control of the spread of COVID-19, Homewatch CareGivers is requiring all caregivers wear facemasks while working with clients. We have provided all our clients with personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and gloves, for their caregivers to use.
Homewatch CareGivers provides caregiver training on how to safely put on PPE, based on CDC protocol. The basic steps for safe removal are as follows:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not readily available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Handle facemask by loops or ties, blue side facing out and metal piece at the top.
- Pinch metal piece on bridge of nose and pull facemask down over chin, covering nose and mouth.
- Secure facemask by placing loops around ears. Avoid touching the front of the facemask.
- Put on gloves, pulling them down over wrist.
Visit us for more information on how to keep yourself safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic.