At the peak of any health crisis, like the COVID 19 outbreak, practicing everyday safety precautions is key to keeping yourself and everyone around you safe. Along with washing your hands, taking preventative measures to keep your home clean is also key to staying safe.
Clean & Disinfect
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects. These can include doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, phones, faucets, tables, and sinks.
- Use diluted household bleach solutions if appropriate for the surface
- Make sure product is not expired
- Follow proper instructions for application and use listed on bottle
- To make bleach solution mix 5 tablespoons bleach per gallon of water
- Use alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol
- If a surface or item is dirty, use soap and water to clean area first and then use disinfectant
- For carpeted floors, rugs and drapes, clean surface using soap and water
- Lauder items (if possible)
- Wear disposable gloves – wash hands with soap and water once you remove gloves
- DO not shake dirty laundry
- Use warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely
- Clean and disinfect hampers
- Wash utensils and dishes using gloves – use hot water or put in dishwasher
- If someone is sick in the household, keep their food separated. Have them eat in their room if possible
- Use gloves when removing garbage bags and disposing of trash
- Wash hands afterwards
- If someone is sick in the household, provide them with a dedicated, lined trash can
For more information about Covid 19 and the professional caregiver services we can provide to your cherished loved ones, please visit our Covid 19 Home Care page.