- Alzheimer's: Brain changes may occur 34 years before symptoms May 21, 2019
New research finds that some Alzheimer's-related biomarkers in the brain change as early as 34 years before the onset of visible symptoms.
- Dementia: New WHO prevention guidelines evaluate 12 risk factors May 18, 2019
The WHO have recently released a new set of guidelines around strategies for dementia prevention, in which they evaluate potential interventions.
- Virtual reality may help stimulate memory in people with dementia May 16, 2019
According to a recent study, virtual reality might provide a useful tool for treating dementia. Among other things, it may help improve memory.
- Novel Alzheimer's drug passes first phase of human testing May 15, 2019
A drug that tackles toxic protein buildup in Alzheimer's disease in a novel way has passed phase 1 of clinical trials, which tests safety in humans.
- Alzheimer's: How light therapy could protect the brain May 7, 2019
A study uncovers the neuron and immune cell changes that explain why light therapy can reduce toxic brain proteins in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease.
- Could a cell phone game detect who is at risk of Alzheimer's? May 5, 2019
According to a new study, a cell phone game called 'Sea Hero Quest' could assist researchers in identifying people who are more at risk of Alzheimer's.
- Experts draft guidelines for Alzheimer's-like condition April 30, 2019
Experts have defined an under-recognized, newly named condition that mimics Alzheimer's disease and propose guidelines for diagnosing and researching it.
- Scientists confirm blood test could track Alzheimer's disease April 26, 2019
Data from up to 11 years of blood samples confirm neurofilament light protein as a potential noninvasive marker of Alzheimer's disease progression.
- Can a blood pressure drug protect the brain from Parkinson's? April 23, 2019
At blood levels that are typical in humans, an approved high blood pressure drug was able to clear toxic proteins of Parkinson's disease from mouse brains.
- Alzheimer's: Synthetic protein blocks toxic beta-amyloid April 16, 2019
Scientists have designed a protein that folds into alpha sheets that can block toxic beta-amyloid in brain cells before it forms into large clumps.