- Migraine may raise dementia, Alzheimer's risk September 10, 2019
New research finds a 'significant' association between a history of migraine and various forms of dementia, and Alzheimer's disease in particular.
- What to know about raspberry ketones September 6, 2019
Raspberry ketones are the compounds that give raspberries their smell. Some people believe that they provide health benefits. Learn about the possible uses and side effects of raspberry ketones here.
- What side effects can fish oil cause? August 31, 2019
Fish oil supplements contain healthful omega-3 fatty acids. These dietary fats are available in fresh fish, as well, but too many may lead to unwanted or even dangerous side effects.
- Eye tracking tests may predict Alzheimer's risk August 27, 2019
Eye tracking tests help to distinguish between two subtypes of mild cognitive impairment and their respective risks of becoming Alzheimer's.
- Mild cognitive impairment: Meditation can boost brain health August 26, 2019
New research suggests that mindfulness meditation can help boost brain health and improve cognitive reserve in older adults with mild cognitive impairment.
- Could targeting variants of this gene help fight Alzheimer's disease? August 21, 2019
Researchers have found variants of a gene that influence Alzheimer's disease risk through their effect on a cerebrospinal fluid protein.
- 'Spontaneous chemistry' may drive Alzheimer's August 20, 2019
A new study asks whether subtle changes to the chemistry of proteins might explain why they build up in the brains of people with Alzheimer's.
- Dementia risk: The role of 'blood pressure patterns' August 19, 2019
A new study investigates the importance of fluctuations in blood pressure from mid-age to later life. It asks how these changes relate to dementia risk.
- Alzheimer's in women: Could midlife stress play a role? August 19, 2019
New research suggests that experiencing a stressful life event may detrimentally impact older women’s memories and put them at risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's: Death of key brain cells causes daytime sleepiness August 18, 2019
According to a new study, the buildup of toxic tau protein in key areas of the brain leads to major brain cell loss and daytime sleepiness in Alzheimer's.